Thursday, May 12, 2011

Men's wingtips offer an iconic image - Dueling covers

I love Tom Perrotta (probably more than he loves me, as we have never met and I'm pretty sure he's unaware of my existence.)

I'm looking forward to reading The Leftovers, which is described thusly: "What if the Rapture happened and you got left behind? Or what if it wasn’t the Rapture at all, but something murkier, a burst of mysterious, apparently random disappearances that shattered the world in a single moment, dividing history into Before and After, leaving no one unscathed? How would you rebuild your life in the wake of such a devastating event?" 

I find it interesting that he's exploring a quasi-religious subject, as he did in the Abstinence Teacher.  Or, in a way, the flip side of religion.


I loved the World to Come by Dana Horn - and reviewed it for the Oregonian.


The only one of the bunch I haven't read:


And again, really liked Dan Chaon's You Remind Me of Me and was glad to see all his success last year with Await Your Reply.  I hung out with him at the green room at Wordstock, although I was probably too big a fan girl to be perceived as a peer.  



No comments: