Friday, August 15, 2008

In Which it is Revealed that the Universe has a Sense of Humor

n the books I'm co-writing with Lis Wiehl, one of the characters works in the Mark O Hatfield Federal Courthouse. I've been trying to figure out how to see inside it - get a tour, if possible. There are few photos online. I tried emailing an attorney I knew, but the email bounced back. I asked an FBI agent if he knew anyone who worked there, but it was buried with a bunch of other questions, and he missed that one.

So what do I get in the mail today? A jury summons to the Mark O Hatfield federal courthouse for district court Sept 2. Since I'll actually be in the building, it seems like I could connect with someone much more easily. And I'll have access to the public spaces.

What do you think the chances are I'll get picked for a jury? If someone said they wrote mysteries and thrillers, and you were a lawyer, would you want them on or off?

No comments: