Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity

I was looking at the stats for my website, and someone from Sony Pictures had come to it! OMG! OMG! What book were they interested in? Learning to Fly would make a great movie, and has been optioned a couple of times. And a book I just sold, Shadows Walking Backward, that's got movie written all over it. Think Wait Until Dark, only updated for teens.  

In the time it took for me to click down through the data, I was already imaginging what dress I would wear on the red carpet. 

Then reality hit. Hard. 

The search term the person used to find my site was "tuna noodle casserole."  

That's what happens when you have a bazillion pages on your website, including recipes and clever vanity plates. They are not always there because you are an author.  

No comments: